Here's my idea....

Outlook 2016 Subject Line Edit Feature Gone

I upgraded from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016 and a very important feature was eliminated from the software coding. I am no longer able to change the Subject line of Incoming emails. This may seem trivial, but can you imagine having a file cabinet full of 1000s of paper pages and they are all labeled with gibberish titles and you have to read every piece of paper in depth to find what you are looking for instead of just looking at the Titles? This inability to change the Subject line of Incoming email has created this exact problem in the paperless filing system.

PROBLEM: In Outlook 10, the user was able to select the "Actions" drop down menu and select "Edit Message" and then change the Incoming message Subject Line. Outlook 16 no longer allows this change. This is a major problem!!!

Now when I drag my Incoming mail out of the InBox and into a permanent .pst file, the files' Subject Lines are all gibberish (eg. "Your Home Depot Order 274973757234089 has been shipped." So, what exactly is a 274973757234089???? when you are trying to find the sales receipt for the Ethernet Cable you ordered from Home Depot? The Subject Line needs to be able to be changed from "274973757234089" to "Ethernet Cable." Outlook 16 does not allow a user to make this change.

This is very counterproductive for a Business's filing system and wastes a lot of an employee's time trying to find a particular file.

Please fix this Outlook 16 problem and send out an Update immediately. Please feel free to contact me at 850-678-3054 if I wasn't clear and you have any questions. Thank you, Jerry Cowing.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea